The Bestseller Society is an exclusive members-only learning community that will help you realize your publishing dreams—both in writing your book and promoting like a bestseller. We constantly add new, relevant content that reflects the twists and turns of the publishing industry. Instead of searching everywhere for elusive information, we find the best in the industry for you.
Why Join us? 3 Reasons:
You’ll hear from experts in the field of fiction, nonfiction and marketing—professionals on the leading edge of this new publishing paradigm—via video, podcasts, special reports, and interactive blogs.
Ever felt alone in your pursuit of publication? Like you’re the only one with questions? With our community forums, you can meet other writers, forming relationships and critique groups. Each lead mentor participates in the forums, answering questions and directing questions.
We include writing and marketing tools that would normally cost hundreds of dollars—all free with membership. Find proposal tutorials, marketing plans, Facebook strategies, character charts.
Publishing changes every minute these days. We know.
We’re in the middle of the dynamic, and we’ve learned the art and practice of being nimble in today’s publishing environment.
So we’re forming a society for folks who are tired of the rigmarole, who can’t get straight answers to their questions.
Here’s the skinny: Many, many people have a book lying dormant in their hearts, an idea that niggles, that won’t let go. But they don’t have the time or have developed the pertinent skills to realize their dream on the page.
That’s where we come in.
We’re the Bestseller Society and we’re here to unlock the publishing potential of motivated, energized writers.
A 2002 U.S. survey showed that 81% of Americans had the desire to write a book, though only 2% actually completed one. And those that do usually have no idea how to publish it, let alone market it and find success.
Where we come in
We’re passionate about coming alongside the 81%, to give you the skills and tools you need to not only finish your book, but find a market for it. We’ve done it. And we’re here to help you do it.
We Understand You Might Be Hesitant.
Maybe you’re thinking...
“I’m way too busy for this.”
- Only you can evaluate how much time you have. But we’ve found that eliminating the fluff from your life like TV or gaming will free up more than enough time to realize your publishing dreams.
- How long have you put off this pursuit? Now is the time to focus, to give attention, and sacrifice time to write that book.
“$55 is outside my budget.”
- People have paid thousands of dollars to get access to just a small portion of this information, but you can access it all right now, free of charge.
- Once you experience the Bestseller Society, we're confident that you'll see the value of your investment. We provide discounts that are exclusive to our members, so you'll save up to $200 on manuscript critiques.
“This seems like a locked-in commitment.”
- We’re not into contracts that hold you hostage. If you’d like to cancel your subscription at any time, we’re happy to honor your wishes. We think the society will be so valuable to you, you’ll continue to learn, find new monthly resources, and participate in our unique community.
Get a writers conference on your browser Every. Single. Day.
Who are you people?
Thomas Umstattd runs the Marketing Academy. He’s uniquely qualified because:
- Thomas is still in his twenties (oh the energy!), and has pioneered several successful companies.
- Thomas has a passion not only for social media and web presence, but he understands the needs of authors. Check out his site, Author Media.
- He’s a real-time thinker and strategist, constantly keeping up with the next new thing. He knows how to sift through what is fluff and what marketing efforts bring true success to authors.
Jeff Gerke runs the Fiction Academy. He’s uniquely qualified because:
- Jeff has published several books, including novels and books for Writer’s Digest on how to write novels. He also is a nationally known editor for several publishing houses.
- He’s a prolific speaker, sharing his seminars and proven techniques for both character and plot development around the country.
- Jeff inaugurated Marcher Lord Press, a publishing house for speculative fiction. As its founder, publisher and chief editor, he knows how to shepherd writers through the publication process.
Mary DeMuth runs the Nonfiction Academy. She is uniquely qualified because:
- She’s traditionally published twelve books, and has also learned the art and craft of e-publishing and Print on Demand.
- She understands the importance of platform. She’s learned the power of marketing, tribe creation, and social media engagement. Follow her on twitter!
- She is passionate about helping other writers. She wrote a book about it. And she has mentored writers for years on her successful and well-visited writing website. She also has a teacher’s heart, mentoring and teaching writers all over the world.
For the price you’d pay for a yearly one-time conference, you can get coaching all year long.
We believe that writing and marketing are learnable skills, best taught incrementally.
Be warned! We won’t be handing you information for information’s sake. To achieve bestseller status, you have to be willing to learn the writing craft, stick your behind on the chair, and write miles of words. We’re coaches, not hand holders.
If you’re that kind of person who wants to go after things, master something, and find success based on your effort, the Bestseller Society is a perfect fit. We won’t write your book for you, but we’ll give you the tools you need to write it, then promote it like a marketing pro.
What to expect once you sign up:
- You’ll access video tutorials about all aspects of the writing craft and marketing.
- You’ll meet new people who share your passion.
- You’ll listen to pertinent podcasts, picking and choosing what best pertains to your journey.
- You’ll find spreadsheets, tip sheets, special reports and other tools.
- You have access to Jeff, Mary and Thomas.
- You’ll meet industry professionals (new ones every month).
- You’ll receive valuable, time-specific information as this publishing industry shifts.
- You’ll discover new content every month to build on your knowledge base.
We’re so thrilled to be a part of your success. We’re confident that you’ll find the kind of information and inspiration that will give you the best chance at bestseller status.
--Thomas, Jeff and Mary